Mud Run Sydney 1DEC12

I was not expecting to participate in this event at all!!! I still can't believe I was part of it =D

The day started normal although I missed my morning gym session Super Saturday =( my partner had to work! So plans had changed! I had to make sure I completed it in the afternoon!

But then...

My wonderful friend Susan let me use her mud run entry!!! She was no longer able to do it! It was 12.50pm when she said I could try to use it!! ( thanks so much Susan x) So I had 10 minutes to get ready!!! OMG the quickest I've ever got ready!! Then it was out the door at 1!! Got there at 2! Thankfully it was worth the risk and they let me transfer Susan's entry at the last minute! So we put our bibs on and we were at the start point at 2.40pm!!

We were ready to go go go!! It was boiling hot!! Probably the hottest time of the day I reckon!!!

The mud run was 7kms long with several obstacles! My favorites were the the muddy pond were we got to commando crawl under these flags it was were I got the muddiest =D and the slide ;)

I think what made the day even better was the buzz I got when I found out that I was doing it!! Having no time to think but just quickly do and rush out then getting straight into it plus having such great company :) thanks Sara =D

Unexpected workout that's for sure!!!



1 comment:

  1. Yay! Glad you got to do it and I think those were my favourite two last year as well. Although I did get the biggest buzz jumping off a crazy high log over a ditch. I didn't think that I could do it but I do believe that once I hit the ground it was one of many turning points for me. :)

    And of course you look gorgeous as always even covered in mud :)

    ReplyDelete